Sunday, August 31, 2008

Slappy Goes Bush-Whacking

The day began with Maddie giving Taisie a hand, getting breakfast ready for the troops.
It was early morning, but Smooth Andre was still on his game.
"....To get to the other side!"
He's hilarious.
Then Dad's first sink bath with Grandpa Toby supervising.
Followed by a hike to Heron Pond.Pond-y.
And then the bush-whacking began. Led by Taisie, the group made their own short-cut through the woods back to the trail. After about 10 minutes, everyone made it out alive."It was easy... I did find that I got a little hungry along the way, but then again I am a baby.""No, no, I was never afraid. I had the utmost confidence in Taisie's bush-whacking skills."Spirits remained high as everyone headed out to the Parade of Lights, a Labor Day celebration held on Chocorua Lake. The people of Chocorua head out onto the lake after sunset, canoes adorned with lanterns, and form a procession of light across the still water. And what better way to celebrate on a cool late-August night, than in a hot dog made of fleece.

1 comment:

Holly Rose said...

I'm glad Tano and I thought of something so practical as a baby shower gift. And the great thing about the hot dog suit is that it's also perfect as an heirloom item!